Check Yahoo Username Availability
Use our free tool to check if a Yahoo username is available for registration. Enter the username you would like to check and click the green button.
Yahoo usernames must follow these rules:
- 4 characters minimum
- 32 characters maximum
- Allowed characters: Letters (a-z), numbers (0-9) and underscore (_)
- Must start with a letter (a-z)
- Dots matter! (in contrast with Gmail)
How to check Yahoo email address availability using this tool:
Luckily, it takes only a couple of seconds to see if the Yahoo username is available. Just follow these simple steps:
- Enter your desired username into the input field. It must be between 4 and 32 characters long. You can use letters, numbers, dots but also underscores. However, the username must start with a letter (the tool will let you know if there's anything wrong with your username).
- Click on the green "Check Availability" button to see if the name is available on Yahoo.
- Check the result. If you need further information, check out our results guide below.
Yahoo Username Availability Results Guide:
There are 2 possible outcomes of the username availability verification. The username is either available or taken. However, you might receive other errors during the verification, in case you didn't follow the syntax needed for Yahoo email. Let's take a look at all the possible results:
The username is too short
Yahoo username has to be 4 or more characters long.
The username is too long
Yahoo username must not be longer than 32 characters.
The username contains invalid characters
Yahoo username can only consist of alphanumerical characters, underscores and dots. That is 'a-z' and '0-9', '_' and '.'. It cannot contain any other special characters.
The username must start with a letter
Yahoo username must start with a letter (You can use underscores, numbers and dots for other characters).
The username is not available
In this case, the username check went through just fine. Unfortunately, the result is that the name is already taken and you cannot use it.
The username is available.
Green result is a good result! The username you checked is available for registration.
How can I check if a Yahoo ID is available?
The fastest method is to use our tool above. Just type a username into the input field, and see instantly if it's available.
Why is my Yahoo username not allowed?
While Yahoo has less strict rules when it comes to usernames when compared to Gmail, they do have certain rules.
Your username has to be between 4 and 32 characters long. While Gmail lets you only use alphanumerical characters, Yahoo allows dots and underscores as well but keep in mind that the username must start with a letter. Use our Yahoo username checker to check if the syntax of your username is correct and if the username is free for registration.