Instagram Username Availability Checker
Use our free tool to quickly check if an instagram username is available.
Instagram usernames must follow these rules:
- 1 character minimum
- 30 characters maximum
- Allowed characters: Letters (a-z), numbers (0-9), underscore (_) and period (.).
Is Instagram username available?
- Enter the username of your choice into the input field. It must be between 1 and 30 characters long. Of course, the shortest usernames are all taken. You can use alphanumerical characters, periods, and underscores. However, your username cannot start with a period.
- Click on the green "Check Availability" button to see if the name is available on Instagram and if the syntax is valid.
- Check the result.
How to check if instagram handle is available directly on Instagram.com:
If you want to check availability directly on Instagram (the results will be the same as with our tool), you can follow these steps:
- Go to instagram.com and click on Sign-up
- Enter your desired username. If you want to receive automatic suggestions, enter your full name as well.
- Check for a check symbol beside your username to confirm it's available.
Are there any 4 letter Instagram usernames left?
Instagram is with us for more than a decade and is one of the most popular social networks. That means that all the short usernames, including 4 letter ones, are already taken. The only option is to purchase such a short username (they are not cheap though!)